Anil Kumar T
For every online business, driving traffic towards the website is highly essential. When the number of website viewer’s increase, the number of potential customers also increases. There are several options to increase the traffic of your company website, free as well as paid. Below are a few set of ways to drive more traffic towards your webpage:
SEO (search engine optimization)
– Increase the traffic for your website by increasing the search engine ranking of your company page in different search engines. To increase the rankings you must do a few things- Optimize your site, by this it is mainly meant for keywords; you can use keywords in the title tags, in the URLs, increase the keyword density in the content, in the anchor text, in headings (H1,H2), beginning of the document, in <alt> tags, in meta tags, keyword phrases etc. SEO plays a major role in achieving high rankings for any website. You can get good traffic with good links: inbound links, high backlinks, high quality inbound links, links from relevant sites, links from reputed sites etc. SEO is altered in a great way by having unique content, change your content frequently, check keywords format & font etc. Other factors that affect SEO are: have URL which is keyword rich, site must be highly accessible (no broken links), site map & size & age & theme and many more. Use photos, images and illustrations that are of high resolution for your site. Name the images with descriptive words before uploading them on your website; this helps the search engine find the images easier.
PPC (pay per click advertising)
– this is the most effective way to increase the traffic to your website. Pay per click is the most successful trick to get more visitors to a website. In PPC advertising, you bid on keywords that are relevant to your site s content & display. These keywords must be strong and common keywords. Once you get those keywords, when any visitor searches on any of those keywords and if they click on your ads then you must pay the amount you have bid for that keyword. The bid coasts depends on how much in demand and how useful the keyword is, you can also use other keywords which are less competitive but most relevant to your offering. Long tail keywords are the most cost effective when you use PPC. In PPC ads you get to target your website visitors effectively. You can find PPC programs in Google ad words; it allows displaying ads within the search results page of Google. There are other search engines like Microsoft Bing, yahoo etc where you can advertise your offerings in the display website. Focus on keywords, make the content of the ads very compelling, have a definite budget for key
words; these are few things that you must concentrate on while using PPC.
SMO (social media optimization)
- social media is the best way to drive traffic to your website. To have social media success you need to follow few important things: share interesting content, sign into many social media sites, comment on various activities in social media sites etc. There are many social media sites where you will meet plenty of potential customers on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, Pinterest, Myspace, Google+ etc. join many social media sites and post best articles or images relevant to your company services. Attach your company URL to your post; this will help users to view your company website. Post articles which are relevant to your company offering be active on such sites, reply to queries and doubts. Build a friendly relationship with your followers/friends on social media. You can use social media sites to re-publish your blogs & articles. This will gain you many followers and friends.
SMM (social media marketing)
- one of the ways to get more traffic to your website is to advertise your company on social platforms. You can advertise you company by giving advertisements on Facebook, Linkedln, twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Instgram, Flickr, Myspace, Tagged and other social media sites. You must be aware that people would not come on social media sites to buy anything; they come there to connect with others. Your ads on social media sites must include images which are highly relevant to your target audience and engaging content that is purely created to market the company services. In Facebook ads use images that are big; this builds in great deal of interest among the viewers, ads with images get more viewer engagement than other ads without images. In social media ads there are limitations in the text, link title, domain link, description, image ratio and image size remember all these factors and create the best advertisement. Keep your social media ads fresh and update them frequently, people do not like to see the same ads again and again they might think that your company website is not active like the advertisement.
Through blogging you will reach a large number of people, who could be your potential customers for your services. Blog on interesting topics and attach your company website URL to the blog post and also when you post comments attach your company URL to other relevant blogs. When you write articles for your blogs make them SEO friendly use keywords in them. Blogging helps to get more backlinks to your website. Blog on topics which are relevant to your services, which will help you attract your target audience, on similar interest between you and your costumers, latest news about your field of services, tips & tricks etc. Post the blog URL to your social media sites in your profile, posts, description etc. Publish your blogs on social media site, for example twitter feed with this you can automatically update your blog on twitter when you post the blog on your respective blogging sites, this option is there in Linkedln, twitter, Google+ etc. This not only helps to gain traffic on your blog but eventually to your company website.
Banner ads (Advertisement) -
Banner advertising is very flashy, attractive, bright and sometimes annoying. But to gain viewers attention in midst the other ads and articles in the website, banner ads must be designed to be eye catchy. You pay other high traffic relevant website to display graphical image about your company and when any viewer clicks on that image the viewer is directed to your website. This act helps in increasing the traffic to your website to a great extend. Banner ads are of various types for example standard image, standard animated image, expandable banners, top website banner ads, video adverts etc. they are cost effective and they provide a well attractive intro to your company offering. Banner ads help in promoting your website offline. They are very powerful in driving the traffic towards your website, make good use of this and do not let the banner ad blend into the background of the website, use content marketing tricks and bright colors to attract the visitors. In a consumer research it was concluded that viewers take about a certain number of views on banner ads for them to click on it. As banner ads are displayed over a period of time the chances of potential costumers see and clicking on the banner ad to view your website is high.
- Forum when used to it full potential is the best source to gain traffic for your website. In forum marketing you must provide a lot of value to the other members, it takes time and a lot of research to be of help in forums. Hold yourself back to post your company URL in forum, only post them when there is relevant content to your services but mostly try to be of help in forums reply to questions and queries which are relevant your company services. Be a leader in the forum, guide people and give them the best answers. You can use this platform to find out what people want to know the most and then you can write an article on such topics in your website and then attach the URL of your website on such posts. Be consistent in your replies and pay attention to the topics which are popular in the forum and post in your replies. Get involved in midsized forums where your voice will be heard.
Newsletter ads -
You pay high traffic newsletter website to display graphical image (any size) about your company and when any viewer clicks on that image the viewer is directed to your website. Through newsletter advertising you will be noticed by a lot of potential customers. It increases the exposure of your company through the ads to the newsreaders. Newsletter readers are people who are web-savvy. Your ad must hold a lot of value to attract them, in these ads you must concentrate more on the content as people come to newsletter website to read, create the best appropriate content which will make the news readers to click on your ads.
There are several paid online marketing techniques like directories, sponsorships, email advertising, paid press release, paid reviews for blogs etc and free online services like social bookmarking, eBook, online webinars etc