Reach the right Audience using Remarketing (Retargeting)

20
Mar

Reach the right Audience using Remarketing (Retargeting)

Anil Kumar T Retargeting is keeping track of our potential customers who have visited your site and constantly reminding them about your products so that your brand is in top of their mind. Retargeting is also known as remarketing. Only 2% of the consumers buy online at the first visit that leaves 98% of the visitors who don’t convert. Retargeting is targeting this 98% of the potential buyers and reminding them about the brand they visited online. It is a cookie-based technology; there will be an invisible java script tag that will be placed in the footer of the website which will leave a cookie in the browser of your website. This uses the simple JavaScript code to anonymously ‘follow’ your audience all over the Web. Place a small, unobtrusive piece of code/ pixel on your website. The code/pixel is unnoticeable to your site visitors and won’t affect the performance. Every time a new visitor comes to visit your site, the code drops anonymous browser cookie. Later, when your cookie visitors browse the Web, the cookie lets your retargeting provider know when to serve ads, making sure that your ads are served only to people who have previously visited your site. Retargeting is effective and powerful when is it a part of a larger digital strategy. [caption id="attachment_879" align="alignright" width="300"]Target your Potential Customer Using Remarketing Target your Potential Customer Using Remarketing[/caption] RETARGETING / REMARKETING PROCESS A visitor visits your website -> he/she leaves your website without any purchase -> the ad roll constantly displays your ads on the other sites they visit, this later on brings them back to your website. There are different types of retargeting practices that different marketers use these days. Marketers not only use the usual, Site retargeting but practice search remarketing, email retargeting, contextual retargeting etc. search retargeting is a type of behavioral retargeting where the user of any search engine will be targeted by ads based on the queries they have fed in their search engines. Email retargeting is based on online shopping, if any person suddenly stops his online purchase the registered user of that online shopping site will be retargeted by emails asking him to shop again. Contextual retargeting is when the website have similar costumers they partner them to share the cookie in their browser. When a visitor leaves a site and then later visits the partner site the advertisement of the previous site will be showing the present website. Remarketing is an online advertisement that will help your brand from bounced traffic once they have left your website. Re-targeting now works on different levels altogether. If you had purchased an engagement ring few months back you would now be bombarded with ads of wedding suits/ gowns, wedding venues and honey package etc and in the near future you would see advertisements on home mortgages, home furnishing etc. re-targeting works on millions of host sites.   Retargeting does not only work with relevancy but is now futuristic. They are one step ahead of our needs even before we take time to think about it. Retargeting is a process through which any ecommerce marketers re-attract the previous visitors to their site, who once had not bought any product and just browsed through some products and left the age for another site. The benefits of retargeting are plenty; mainly they generate high online sales and make your brand highly available for any purchase any time. Re targeting gives great and repeated exposure to your company. It also provides recognition among the users. Retargeting is effective only when the ads provided are relevant to their recent search in the search engine. There is time window for certain products when it comes to retargeting. For example visitors looking for travel agency must be retargeted sooner than the visitors looking for any luxury goods. Retargeting is crucial as high percentage of users do not decide immediately for any purchase; they need to be reminded constantly of your brand so that when they do decide for any purchase they come to your website. Re targeting is the best way to create brand awareness.
ENQUIRE NOW