Social media marketing is essential in this day and age when the being online is the number one daily activity. If you aren’t using social media to market your business you are missing a lot of potential customers. Through social media marketing you can increase the traffic of your customers by engaging in various different sites. For example: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, pinterest, YouTube, Google+, blogging, foursquare, email marketing etc. these sites will eventually with time help you grown your business be it big, small or a startup.
Social Media Marketing Statistics 2014:
- 52times average increase in reach when social posts are syndicated by your channel partners
- 87% of all small businesses say social media helps their business
- 85% of the business decision makers said at least one social media channel is very important when making business technology purchase decision.
- 77% of fortune global 100 companies have a twitter account.
- 34% of high tech companies have reduced their traditional advertising budget to fund digital marketing activities.
- 74% of brand marketers saw an increase in website traffic after investing just 6 hours per week in social media
- 40% of small business feel that social media is amplifying word of mouth referrals
- Companies that generate more than 1,000 Facebook likes also receive nearly 1,400 website visits a day.
- 52% of marketers have gained customer via Facebook. 23% of users check their accounts 5 times or more every day.
- 80% of users prefer to connect with brands on Facebook.
- 75% of marketers say Facebook is critically important for their business.
- Total number of monthly active Facebook users-1,310,000,000
- Total number of mobile Facebook users-680,000,000
- Total number of Facebook pages-54,200,000
- Total 2013 Facebook revenue-$6,150,000,000
- Total number of active registered Twitter users-645,750,000
- Number of new Twitter users signing up everyday-135,000
- Number of unique Twitter site visitors every month-190 million
- Number of Twitter search engine queries every day-2.1 billion
- Twitter Annual Advertising Revenue- 2013- $405,500,000
- Google Page Rank 989,800,000 , Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:703000000, Links:2660, Domain Started On:3/02/2001
- Every second, two new members join LinkedIn.
- Total number of LinkedIn users: 277 million
- Number of monthly unique visitors to LinkedIn 187 million
- Total number of LinkedIn endorsements I billion
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that's almost an hour for every person on Earth and 50% more than last year
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- YouTube is localized in 61 countries and across 61 languages
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. The number of people subscribing daily is up more than 3 xs since last year, and the number of daily subscriptions is up more than 4 xs since last year.
- number of Google+ users 300 million monthly active users
- Number of Google+ unique mobile monthly users 20 million
- During Google I/O 2013, Google+ had around 290 million active users and now jumped to 540 million active users as of October 2013 signed in and active through Google+
- Over 190 million users used the stream (during last update) and now that has jumped to 300 million active users in Google+ Stream
- Over 1.5 Billion photos uploaded every week to Google+ photos.
- Over 1/5 of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily.
- 80% of Pinterest's users are female.
- 30% of Pinterest users are women 25-34 years old.
- Total number of pinterest users: 70 million users
- Average number of daily pins 5 million
- Percentage of unique visitors that are mobile only 35%
- Blog frequently impacts customer acquisition. 92% of the companies who blogged multiple times a day acquired a customer through their blogs.
- 81% of marketers rated their blog as useful.
- There are 31% more bloggers today than 3 years ago.
- 46% of people read blogs more than a day.
- global rank – 4th position
- Bounce rate 31.60%
- Total site linking in 1,415,19
B) Social Bookmarking:
- Digg – users: 827,500,000 / Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:3800000/ Links:6770/ Domain Started On:11/11/1998
- Buzz.yahoo- users: 816,000,000 / Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:3800000/ Links:640
- Reddit- users: 815,500,000/ Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:5260000 / Links:11000/ Domain Started On:11/27/2002
- Stumbleupon- users: 815,000,000 / Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:3350000 /Links:3930
- Delicious- users: 75,500,000 / Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:4790 / Links:8900/ Domain Started in 2003
- Mixx- users: 82,600,000 /Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:489000/ Links:581
- Fark- users: 81,850,000/ Estimated Unique Monthly VisitorsSite Count:1240000/ Links:1710 /Domain Started On:11/27/2002
- Slashdot- users: 81,700,000 / Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:288000/ Links:4390/ Domain Started On:1/13/1998
- Newsvine- users: 81,390,000/ Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors Site Count:124000 /Links:3880 /Domain Started On:11/26/2002
C) Press Release Submissions:
Optimizing your press release is easy, having the right keywords and placing them strategically. Press releases mainly go viral when they are fresh and are published on a regular basis.
- 80 million people get their news online every day
- 100 million people use search engines every day
- 64% of journalists use Google or Yahoo! to follow the news
D) Documents Sharing:
- Scribed- global rank -230/ sites linking in- 37,168/ daily page views- 4,500,000/ avg time on site- 2.6min/ established- 25 September 06
- Slide share- global rank- 281/ sites linking in- 38, 174/ daily page views- 3,500,000/ avg time on site- 3.3/ established- 4 April 06
- Docstoc- global rank- 729/ sites linking in- 7,694/ daily page views- 3,000,000/ avgas time on site- 2.6min/ established- 17 November 06
- Issuu- global rank- 846/ sites linking in -20,533/ daily page views- 1,200,000/ avg time on site- 3.7mins/ established 19 April 07
E) Presentation Sharing:
- Slide Share: Boasting 60 million monthly visitors, Slide share is one of the most popular sites for broadcasting presentations. PPT presentations, documents, PDFs, videos and webinars can be uploaded on this site.
- Slide Serve: A free service offered by DigitalOfficePro (a Microsoft partner). PowerPoint presentations and PowerPoint add-in (which can be used to convert PowerPoint (PPT) to Flash from inside PowerPoint) up loader are available on this site.
- MyPlick: This is yet another free service that allows people to share and discover presentations or slideshows. Apart from uploading your presentations in PowerPoint format, you can share them in other supported formats like pdf and Open Office odp.
- Slide Six: A multimedia-enabled presentation sharing site, Slide Six has both audio and video service.
- Author Stream: This is also a free service with unlimited uploads.Animations and audio narrations are supported by this service.
F) Content marketing:
- Marketers, on average, spend over a quarter of their marketing budget on content marketing.
- 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content; they are also more likely to buy from that company.
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful and 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them.
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms.
G) Email marketing
- 54% of emails sent by businesses are marketing messages
- 838 billion marketing messages have been sent in 2013
- 91% of consumers check their email daily
- 74% of consumers prefer to receive commercial communications via email
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message
- 72% of B2B buyers are most likely to share useful content via email.
Web DAM, a leading digital asset management platform for marketers, put together data from industry experts into the info graphic below to display marketing trends to expect in 2014.
- 43% of all marketers found a customer via LinkedIn and 52% of all marketers have found a customer via Facebook.
- Landing pages that included videos see an 86% increase in conversions.
- Companies expect to double their social marketing budgets over the next 5 years.
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a click- through-rate 158% higher than emails that do not include social sharing buttons.
- Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for all types of content marketing, with a rating of 89%.
If you don’t engage in social media marketing it hamper your growth in business as most of your competitors are using social media sites to get closer to their target audience. Don’t still stick to the traditional ways to market your brand, use social media marketing as it is efficient and increases sales effectively.