OctAnil Kumar T What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
Before we begin to talk about SEO and its benefits, first, let me tell you what SEO is all about.
SEO is an abbreviation for Search Engine Optimization. Wikipedia defines SEO as “Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search, news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.”
In simple words, SEO is nothing but a process which helps increase traffic or visitors to a website by making sure that the website is placed at the top position in the various search engines.
Search Engine Optimisation or SEO is of great importance to your websites. Without SEO the chances are that your website will not be ranked, viewed or create any sort of profit. The basic point of creating or having a website is to attract visitors and also to create traffic. If there are no visitors to your page/website then all the time and effort spent on the website, from the conception to the design part of it, is completely pointless. Until and unless your website is not crawled under the products or services which you deal with and is seen at the top of the search engines, you cannot expect people/your audience to know about your business. Therefore, it is important to be listed in the search engines and to have your website optimized.
Benefits of SEO:
- SEO is among the most cost-effective ways of marketing. You pay a certain amount for long term results.
- First of all, the most beneficial part of SEO is the fact that it increases the number of visitors to your website, mainly the audience that are actively searching for your service or product.
- SEO leads or enquiries are more effective and accurate compared to any other form of lead generation activity. Until and unless somebody does not need your products and services, they will not search you online.
- SEO, unlike advertising, remains for a long time. You do not have to pay for every click. Wherein PPC or advertising, you pay per every click.
- SEO helps with brand awareness. The reason why you’re seeing your favourite site online is because of SEO.
- SEO brings a higher ROI (Return On your Investment).
- With higher visibility and higher ranking, higher quality of customer to your website follows suit.
- SEO will reduce page load times. Your customers get to see you quicker and your server costs reduce.